Middle School Media Center
Welcome to the Sauk Rapids-Rice Middle School Media Center where students are frequent visitors and learning is actively pursued.
Our media centers and computer labs are open to students and staff during the school day through scheduled class use and to individual students as they need.
Middle School Rules & Procedures
When can I visit the media center?
- The media center is open from 8:05-3:05 daily. Students are welcome to visit the media center at 7:45 am—they must stop in the office and pick up an orange pass.
- Students need to be accompanied by a teacher, come in as a class or be able to show a pass on their iPad.
- The media center is a learning environment and students are expected to use low conversational levels and to respect other learners.
- Books are checked out in the mornings, while visiting with a class, or when students come in for individual use.
- Responsibility for returning the books rests with the student. End of year overdue books or lost items will be billed to the student. This is a K-12 policy and lost or overdue book records follow each student as they move on through the system.
- A computer lab is available next to the media center for word processing, printing and other educational pursuits. Students are expected to use the computers in a responsible manner and to print sensibly when necessary.
How do I check out a book?
- Students will bring their i Pad showing a pass on it, type in their lunch code and the book into the front desk of the media center.
How many books can I check out and how long can I keep them?
- You may check out 4 books for 3 weeks. Books may be renewed once.
How do I know when my books are due?
- The due date is stamped in the back of the book. Over due lists are posted on the media center door and printed on the attendance list; weekly overdues are distributed through language arts classes. Students will receive an email for overdue items.
Computers and Technology
How do I get computer access?
- You will receive a user name and password at the beginning of the year, if you are a new student.
- Returning students will use their same user name and password throughout their K-12 education.
What can I use a computer to do?
- Computers at SRRMS are to be used for school-related projects and assignments. Other expectations include things such as: Do not save files that are not school-related. Do not access anyone else’s account. Do not access inappropriate materials. Do not violate copyright laws. More specific guidelines are available in the student handbook and Board Policy 524.
Where/when can I use a computer?
- Teachers sign out labs or laptops for student use during classes. During flex time, students will be able to use the lab by the media center.
Can I print from a computer?
- If it is a school project and your teacher has requested that you print, YES, you may print!
Can I print in color from a computer?
- If your teacher wants you to print in color, he/she will make arrangements for you to do this.