Each year, a small number of residents of the Sauk Rapids-Rice school district choose to establish a homeschool for their children. These individuals are reminded of a number of annual reporting requirements and non-public school aid application deadlines as set forth in Minnesota Statutes. Both the reporting requirements and the aid applications are processed through the local public school.
Registering with Local School District
A parent who teaches homeschool must turn in a Full Report to the student’s resident school superintendent:
· By October 1 of the first year the child is homeschooled after reaching age seven.
· Within 15 days of withdrawing a child from public school to homeschool.
Within 15 days of moving out of a district, the parent must notify the old district of the move. They must turn in the Full Report to the new district by October 1 of the next year.
Required Homeschool Full Report | Due October 1*
This form is required and must be submitted to the Sauk Rapids-Rice District Office if your child(ren) was/were not Homeschooled in 2014-2015.
– Homeschool Full Report (pdf)
Homeschool Intent to Continue Form | Due October 1*
This form is required and must be submitted to the Sauk Rapids-Rice District Office each year your child(ren) are homeschooled after the initial year.
– Letter of Intent to Continue to Provide Instruction (pdf)
*Aids to Nonpublic Students
Parents of students in regular private schools often pay for most of their students’ tuition, and so do homeschooling families. A small amount of financial assistance is available through the Aids to Nonpublic Students program. You must meet the following deadlines if you want aid:
- By September 15: Return “Aids to Nonpublic Students Forms” from your resident school district. To obtain this form, please contact by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 253-4703.