The Storm Robotics middle and high school teams competed at the Minnesota VEX State Tournament on Thursday, January 30, and Friday, January 31. Team 9210B made it to final rounds and received the Think Award, qualifying them for the World Championship competition this April. This is the second season that the Storm Robotics team has qualified to compete at the championship level.
The Think Award is presented to a team that has developed and implemented quality robot programming as part of their strategy to solve the game challenge. Teams must participate in the Programming Skills Challenge to be eligible for the Think Award.
Criteria for the award includes
- Programming must be consistent and reliable
- Programming is cleanly written, well documented and easy to understand
- Programming strategy to solve the game challenge is utilized
- Programming management includes a version history
- Students understand and can explain how they worked together to develop their robot programming
Congratulations, Storm Robotics!