Test Preparation Suggestions for Parents
- Students should take courses that address the Minnesota Academic Standards. Most schools also make appropriate educational opportunities available to students who are at risk for not succeeding on statewide assessments.
- Share your enthusiasm and interest in reading, mathematics, and science with your children.
- Provide students with a study area at home.
- Encourage students to practice good study habits. Students should set aside time every day for homework.
- Make sure students have had the opportunity to be become familiar with the format of the test.
- Item samplers help students become familiar with the format of the test and the types of questions that are on the test.
- Student tutorials for online tests provide information on using the online tools and describe navigation and item types.
- Visit the Item Samplers page on the MDE website for information on accessing the item samplers and student tutorials.
- Ensure students get a good night’s sleep and eat a nutritious breakfast before taking a test.
- Encourage students to answer all test questions.
|Finding Test Scores
Test scores are available in Skyward Family Access. To access scores, please login to Skyward Family Access, and select the appropriate student (if you have more than one student), and then click on Test Scores in the left hand column.
Tips for Understanding Scores
For most students, scores are a combination of the grade in which the student was tested and a performance score.
Exceeds = 60-99
If your child receives Special Education services, he/she may have taken the MCA-Modified or MTAS, which have a different score format.
Exceeds = varies by test, look for letter indicator