Sauk Rapids-Rice School District staff, administration and school board members believe education should provide for the maximum development of each student. Students often require differentiated and challenging educational programs and/or services beyond those provided in the general school program. Options for students, grades K-12, are provided within and outside the general classroom setting through activities that challenge, extend and enrich each student, while also supporting students social and emotional development.
- High Potential students may possess gifts or high potential in the areas of general intellectual, specific academic subjects, creativity, leadership, and visual and performing arts.
- High Potential students are diverse in their characteristics and backgrounds.
- High Potential students need to be challenged in academic and social settings while also being provided the opportunity to work with other gifted peers.
- High Potential students have social and emotional needs that are different than that of their grade level peers due to asynchronous development and need to be supported.
- Students in underserved populations require special consideration when being identifying for the SRR High Potential Program.
- Students in underserved populations require extra opportunities to develop their talents and foster overall achievement.
- Staff within the district who work with High Potential students should receive ongoing professional development in research-based gifted and talented education.
- Sauk Rapids-Rice High Potential Services requires an ongoing financial commitment to ensure success and sustainability.
- Sauk Rapids-Rice High Potential Services will develop the unique abilities and increase achievement in students so they can be successful leaders and problem solvers in their future academic and professional pursuits.
- Sauk Rapids-Rice High Potential Services will build skills that will offset developmental deficits.
- Sauk Rapids-Rice High Potential Services will provide equitable access to all students.
- Sauk Rapids-Rice High Potential Services will provide education and support to families and the community in gifted and talented education.
Resources and Links
- Enrichment Opportunities at SRR
- International Baccalaureate Program at Rice Elementary
District High Potential Specialist
Entire District, Instructional Coaches, Pleasantview Elementary