Internet License & Privileges
Student access to the network is a privilege and will be available through an agreement, which will be reissued yearly to qualifying students.
You must agree to all of the following items and adhere to the following statements to maintain current access.
1. I will use only my own network account. I will not log in using someone else’s account, without staff permission, or I risk losing network privileges.
2. I will not access any inappropriate areas on the Internet. Inappropriate sites include any web resources not related to our educational program, including game and music sites.
3. I will not access personal e-mail during the school day. E-mail as part of a class project is to be under the direct supervision of the classroom teacher.
4. I will not install or share any illegal music in my account. I must keep my account limited to 25 music files maximum.
5. I am responsible for the data accessed or sent through the computer at which I am working. This includes e-mail, information entered into a web site, or electronically sent in any other form.
6. I will follow the laws relating to copyright and appropriate use of data (images, music, movies, etc) from Internet sources.
7. If I find myself in an area of inappropriate materials, I will immediately exit that area.
8. I understand that chat rooms, message boards, forums, and other services of this type are not to be accessed at school at any time.
9. I understand that I need to be aware of printing sensibly and not wasting resources by printing large files. I will use the 2-up printing feature when appropriate. I will ask if I am in doubt about printing.
10. I agree to follow the Internet rules or I will lose my network license and the privileges it extends for the Internet access at our school for a period of no less than nine weeks.